Puto Cheese. I so love this Puto Cheese recipe. So soft and fluffy and definitely better tasting than the Puto mix you buy in a box but equally easy to make. You will never think of buying ready mix Puto after trying this!
Puto Cheese Recipe – Puto is the generic name for a rice cake made from galapong (rice flour), slightly sweetened and steamed. The rice for galapong is not ground dry, but soaked overnight and. I made this cheese puto using all-purpose flour. You can have Puto Cheese using 21 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Puto Cheese
- Prepare of ingredients.
- You need of ✔️1 cup cake flour (or all purpose flour).
- Prepare of ✔️1/2 cup sugar.
- It’s of ✔️1 tbsp. baking powder.
- It’s of ✔️1 pc egg.
- It’s of ✔️1/4 cup evaporated milk (or whole/fresh milk).
- It’s of ✔️3/4 cup water.
- Prepare of ✔️1 tbsp. melted butter.
- It’s of ✔️1/4 cup grated cheese (optional).
- Prepare of ✔️cheese toppings (or any desired toppings).
- Prepare of procedure.
- Prepare 1 of . Combine cake flour, baking powder and sugar. Sift to remove lumps. Set aside.
- You need 2 of . Combine egg, milk, water, and melted butter. Mix well. Add to the flour mixture. Mix well, but slowly, until smooth. Rest 15 minutes.
- You need of Enjoy!.
- Prepare 3 of . Pour in molds, filling only 3/4 as it will rise as you steam. Top with desired toppings. I used cheese.
- You need of RECIPE NOTES:.
- It’s 4 of . Steam 10 minutes. Longer for larger molds. I used medium-sized.
- You need of ✔️Make sure the baking powder is still good before using or it will not rise. How to know if it's still good? Pour 1/2 cup boiling water over 1/2 tsp baking powder. If it bubbles, it's still good.
- It’s 5 of . After 10 minutes, remove from heat. Let it cool a little before removing from molds.
- Prepare of ✔️Grease or put oil ONLY AT THE BOTTOM of the mold. DO NOT grease the sides to achieve dome appearance of the puto.
- It’s of ✔️DO NOT OVERCOOK. The puto becomes kuchinta when overcooked.
You can double or triple the recipe depending on the number of pieces. Puto Cheese is one of my favorite puto flavors. Mainly because of how such a simple addition of cheese flavor completely elevates the experience of biting into the fluffy rice cake. Puto ( ᜉᜓᜆᜓ ) are Filipino steamed rice cakes, traditionally made from slightly fermented rice dough (galapong).
Puto Cheese step by step
- Steam 10 minutes. Longer for larger molds. I used medium-sized.
It is eaten as is or as an accompaniment to a number of savoury dishes (most notably, dinuguan). This Puto Recipe or Puto Cheese has been a frequent sight during festivities in the Philippines. It's also a common snack in households. Just like the Bibingka, it's already considered a Filipino Food. Puto Cheese is the cheesy version of our most popular rice cake.