Spicy chicken – Ayam Rica rica. Ayam rica-rica is one of Indonesian culinary, precisely from Manado, North Sulawesi. The similarities are simply the spicy taste and red color from red chilies. As I choose red chilies and ginger as the main spices for Indonesian spicy chicken, you also could use those ingredients for this recipe.
The origin of this dish is from Minahasan cuisine of North Sulawesi. Learn how to make tasty ayam rica rica with a pressure cooker or on the stove. I really don't know how it was started but if you take away chili peppers from my life… Ayam means chicken and rica means hot spicy. You can cook Spicy chicken – Ayam Rica rica using 30 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spicy chicken – Ayam Rica rica
- Prepare of Chicken Marinate for 20-30 minutes.
- You need 1 of breast slices long & 1 leg (cut few pieces).
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemon.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of himalayan salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of white pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of chicken Knorr.
- You need of Blends in chopper (not too smooth).
- Prepare 10 of red chillies.
- You need 4 of shallots (I slice some of them too).
- You need 4 of garlics.
- You need 1 tsp of ginger.
- Prepare 1 of candlenut (optional).
- It’s 1-1.5 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need of Rest of ingredients.
- Prepare 1 of lemongrass cut in two.
- Prepare 2 of kafir limes, dont use the stem.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 1 of corriander leaves – slices thin.
- It’s 2 of tomatoes – cut square.
- You need 3 of spring onion – slices thin.
- Prepare 1 of plastic basil – dont use the stem.
- Prepare 1 of pandan leaves.
- You need 500 litre of water.
- It’s 3-4 of tbsl Oil or as needed.
- You need 1 tbsp of sugar or less.
- It’s 1 tsp of himalayan salt.
- It’s 1 of stock chicken cube.
- Prepare 1 tsp of white pepper.
- Prepare of Optional: 5 red chillies.
Ayam rica rica is originated in the city of Manado in the island of Sulawesi. Ayam rica-rica is specialty chicken dish from the city of Manado in Indonesia North Sulawesi. Rica means chili in North Sulawesi language, so ayam rica-rica translates to chicken with chili sauce. If you love bold, spicy, fresh, and citrusy dishes, you will definitely love ayam rica-rica.
Spicy chicken – Ayam Rica rica step by step
- Prepare wok, put some oil. When its hot, fry the chicken (skin down in wok). It doesnt need to cooked through, just make sure all looks bit brown outside. Set aside.
- With the same oil, throw in the blended stuff, stir fry in medium high for about 5 minutes.
- Add lemongrass, bayleaves, kafir limes, pandan and corriander leaves. Stir fry till colour change to bright. This will take about 10 minutes.
- Add the water, stir well and add the chicken. Stir well again and leave this in medium heat for about 20 minutes (add thai chillies here if you used it)..
- When the water start to evaporate, put the tomatoes, salt, sugar, white pepper, chicken cube. Taste it and cook for another 15 minutes. You be able to tell as the colour will change and its thicker..
- Last, when you happy with the taste, add the spring onion and basil, stir well and turn it off. Enjoy 😉.
Ayam rica-rica is one of Indonesian culinary, precisely from Manado, North Sulawesi. The word Rica is derived from the language of Manado which means spicy In addition to red chilies, another spice of ayam rica-rica is ginger. Ginger gives warmness to our body and absorbs nutrients from food we eat. main dish Chicken Rica Rica Ayam Rica Rica, original, Indonesian, cooking recipe, step-by-step. Rica Rica is a one of typical dishes of Minahasan people who live in North Sulawesi.