You can cook Keema Biryani using 28 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Keema Biryani
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of basmati rice, soaked for 15–30 minutes.
- You need 2 tablespoons of oil of choice.
- It’s of Whole Spices.
- You need 5 of cardamom pods.
- You need 4 of whole cloves.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 1/2 of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 pound of ground meat of choice.
- You need 1 cup of caramelized onion.
- You need 2 tablespoons of minced garlic.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of minced ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 of – 1 Serrano pepper or green chilli, minced, adjust to taste.
- It’s of Ground Spices.
- Prepare 3 teaspoons of coriander powder.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of Red chilli powder.
- You need 2 teaspoons of salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of garam masala.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric.
- Prepare 2 of tomatoes, diced.
- Prepare 3 of medium potatoes, diced.
- It’s 1 cup of frozen green peas.
- Prepare 3 cups of water.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cilantro leaves, chopped.
- It’s 1/4 cup of mint leaves, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Curd/Yoghurt.
- You need 2 tablespoon of kewra water.
Keema Biryani step by step
- Soak the basmati rice in cold water for 15-30 minutes. Drain, rinse and set aside..
- Heat a pot on medium heat, add the oil to the pot. Allow the oil a minute to heat up, add the ground meat, onions, garlic, ginger, Serrano pepper and cook until the meat is mostly browned..
- Add the ground spices, mix well, then add the tomatoes, peas, potato and cook for 12 minutes, or until they have softened. Add in the curd and turn of the heat. Mix well and keep aside..
- Heat oil in another pot, then add the whole spices to the pot and give them a stir. Once the spices begin to sizzle, add the drained rice to the pot saute it for 30 seconds. Add in the water and cook the rice. Once the rice is cooked drain the water and start layering the biryani..
- For layering, take out half of the rice from the pot in a different vessel to the rest of the rice add all of your keema and potato mix, Sprinkle half the cilantro and mint on top of the keema. Add the rest of the rice on top..
- Sprinkle Kewra water on the layered rice and close the lid. keep it on medium-low heat for 20 mins..
- Sprinkle with remaining cilantro and mint and serve with cold Raita..
- Please don't forget to tag @appetizing.adventure on Instagram with a picture if you try this recipe!.