Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers:.
You can cook Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers: using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers:
- It’s of Extra virgin olive oil as required.
- You need 1 of small yellow onion, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 lb of ground beef (you can use Lamb or Mutton mince as well).
- It’s to taste of salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 cup of cooked or canned chickpeas.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped parsley, more for garnish.
- Prepare 1 cup of short grain rice, soaked in water for 10-15 minutes, drained.
- You need 1/2 tsp of hot or sweet paprika.
- You need 3 Tbsp of tomato sauce.
- You need 2 of & 1/4 cup water.
- It’s 6 of bell peppers, any colors, tops removed, cored.
- It’s 3/4 cup of chicken broth (or water)you can use.
- It’s of Chicken stock.
Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers: step by step
- In a medium heavy pot, heat 1 tbsp of oil. Saute the chopped onions until golden. Now add the mince and cook on medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until deeply browned. Season with salt, pepper, allspice and garlic powder. Stir in the chickpeas and cook briefly..
- To the same pot, now add the parsley, rice, paprika and tomato sauce; stir to combine. Add the water and bring to a high simmer until liquid has reduced by one half..
- Turn the heat to low. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the rice is fully cooked and no longer hard nor too chewy.(if you have no time so you can use already boiled rice) While the rice is cooking, heat a gas grill to medium-high. Grill the bell peppers for 10-15 minutes, covered. Be sure to turn the peppers occasionally so that all sides get charred. Remove from the grill and let cool briefly..
- Preheat the oven to 350°F / 176°C. Assemble the bell peppers, open-side up, in a baking dish filled with 3/4 cup broth or water. Spoon in the cooked rice mixture to stuff each of the peppers to the very top. Cover the baking dish tightly with foil and place it in the 350 degree F heated oven. Bake for 20-30 minutes..
- Remove from the oven and garnish with parsley, and some cheese if you like. Serve immediately with your favorite salad and a side of Greek yogurt..