Gluten Free Maple Pecan Pumpkin Muffins.
You can have Gluten Free Maple Pecan Pumpkin Muffins using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Gluten Free Maple Pecan Pumpkin Muffins
- You need of Wet ingredients.
- Prepare 1 cup of pumpkin purée (I couldn’t get any purée, so bought a couple of butternut squashes baked them, then puréed them).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of melted coconut oil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of + 2 tbsp maple syrup.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of + 2 tbsp coconut sugar.
- You need 1 of flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water, whisk together, set for 15 minutes).
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need of Dry Ingredients.
- You need 2 cups of gluten free oat flour.
- Prepare 1/2 of almond meal.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need of Add-in ingredients:.
- You need 3/4 cup of chopped pecans.
- You need of Toppings:.
- It’s 1/4 cup of roughly chopped pecans.
- Prepare 1 tsp of maple syrup.
Gluten Free Maple Pecan Pumpkin Muffins step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place cupcake liners in a standard, 12-muffin pan. Set aside..
- Add the wet ingredients to a large bowl: pumpkin, coconut oil, maple syrup, sugar, flax egg, and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients: oat flour, almond meal, baking powder, baking soda, spice and salt. Whisk together until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain. If needed, use a rubber spatula to fold in the last bit of flour. Fold in ¾ cup pecans..
- Using a large scoop, scoop and drop batter evenly into the muffin pan. I like using this ice cream scoop to create a beautiful round top. If needed, use a rubber spatula to smooth batter into an even layer with a domed top. Note: batter will bake up very close to how it looks raw..
- In a small bowl, add Topping ingredients: 1/4 cup pecans and 1 teaspoon maple syrup. Stir and fold until pecans are well-coated in maple syrup. Evenly sprinkle maple pecans over muffins. Gently press into muffin tops. Bake for 18-25 minutes. Mine took 20 minutes..
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack for 1 hour, or until completely cool. Enjoy!.