Shahi Veg Biryani.
You can cook Shahi Veg Biryani using 24 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shahi Veg Biryani
- Prepare 1 cup of Basmati Rice, soaked in 3 cups of water for 30-40 minutes.
- It’s 2 tsp of Biryani Masala(I always use everest Shahi Biryani Masala).
- You need 1 of Flower of Javetri.
- It’s 6 of Green Cardamom.
- It’s 4 of Cloves.
- You need 1.5 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2.5 tbs of ghee.
- Prepare 2 of medium onion thinly sliced (Keep them separate).
- Prepare 7-8 pcs of cashews sliced.
- You need 1 of small potato cut into small pcs.
- Prepare 1 pinch of red food colour or 1/2tsp of liquid food color.
- You need 1 tbs of Garlic ginger paste.
- You need 4-5 of large garlic cloves crushed(to enhance the flavour).
- Prepare 1.5 tbs of oil.
- Prepare 2 of green chilies crushed.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Jeera (Cumin seeds).
- Prepare 1 inch of cinnamon stick (Sabut Dal cheeni).
- You need 1 of bay leaf(Tez Patta).
- It’s 3 of whole black pepper (Saabut Kali mirch).
- Prepare 50gms) of Cubed Paneer.
- You need 1/4 cup of Mattar(boiled).
- You need 1/2 cup of plain yogurt whisked and at room temperature.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Red chili powder.
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
Shahi Veg Biryani step by step
- 1st of all Soak the rice in 3 cups of water for 30 minutes. After the rice has soaked, drain the water using strainer and keep the rice aside. Heat a pan full of water, add 3 green cardamom, 2 cloves and 3/4 teaspoon salt to it. Let it come to boil. Add rice into the pan and stir with a spoon. Cook it on high flame for 5-6mnts without covering it. Remove the pan from heat and drain the water and keep the cooked rice aside. Now add a teaspoon of ghee to the rice..
- Now take a Kadahi/ Wok(I used non-stick one) Add 1.5 tablespoons of ghee in it and keep the flame on medium. Once hot, add 1 sliced onion to it and cook until they turn golden brown and crispy. It may take around 6 to 7 minutes. Once done, transfer it into a plate and keep it aside..
- To the same pan, now add cashews and cook until golden brown, it will take only 1 to 2mnts, once done transfer it into the plate and set aside..
- Now in the pan add chopped potato and cook it for 2 minutes until light brown. Transfer it in a plate..
- Now add cubed paneer pcs and shallow fry for 1 to 2mnts, once it turns golden transfer it into the plate..
- Let's start Making Biryani now Heat 1.5 tablespoons oil in same kadhahi, now add cumin seeds, cinnamon stick, bay leaf, whole pepper, 3 cardamom and 2 cloves..
- Stir and let the spices sizzle for few seconds. Add 1 sliced onion(not the golden one which we fried, use 2nd pending sliced onion) into it and add 3/4 teaspoon salt. Cook for 2 minutes until the raw smell goes away..
- Now turn off the gas and add 1/2cup curd into it and whisk till it's all absorbed. Now turn on the gas again and keep it on medium flame. Now add Boiled Mattar, paneer, Cashews and potato into it and mix thm all..
- Now add 2tbs biryani masala and red chili powder to it and mix well. Add 1/4 cup of water into it and give it a boil. Now add cooked rice into it and mix well and keep it on the flame for another 5mnts and cover the kadhai with a lid. After 5 minutes give it a final mix and your biryani is ready..
- Now take 1tsp of water and add a pinch of red food colour to it and pour it onto Biryani and give a gentle mix (if using liquid food colour pour 1/2 tsp of it onto the biryani) Now your Shahi Veg Biryani is ready to serve Now serve the biryani with Raita or simple curd and top the biryani with those golden onions while serving it(1 sliced onion we fried in the beginning). Richa Kapoor Author.