You can cook Katol Karifurore using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Katol Karifurore
- You need 150 g (5.5 oz) of jackfruit seeds.
- Prepare 2 of small purple sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need sprig of yuzu leaves or curry leaves.
- You need 30 g of (2 ”) ginger, peeled and grated.
- It’s 1 of large onion, peeled and finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of chillies – I used 1 jalapeno and 1 rocket, slit but left whole.
- You need 1 cm of (1/2 “) turmeric, peeled and finely grated.
- It’s 1 tsp of garam masala.
- Prepare 3 of tamarind pods, shelled and soaked in warm water for 5 minutes.
- You need 60 g (2 oz) of sprouting cauliflower.
- Prepare 1 head of baby romensco, split into florets.
- You need of juice of 1/2 red grapefruit.
- Prepare of To blend.
- Prepare 1 of small can, 165ml (5.6 fl oz) coconut milk.
- It’s 2 tbsps of poppy seeds.
- It’s of To decorate.
- It’s of fennel flowers.
Katol Karifurore instructions
- Boil the jackfruit seeds and sweet potato for 10-15 minutes until tender. Drain and set aside..
- Dry roast the poppy seeds until fragrant. Cool and blitz into a fine powder. Add the coconut milk to the poppy seed powder and blitz again. Add a little water until a smooth paste..
- Heat a skillet and add the oil. Add the cumin seeds and yuzu leaves. Once the seeds crackle add the ginger and saute until aromatic..
- Add the chopped onions, green chillies and fry until the onions are soft and golden.
- Add the jackfruit seeds, sweet potato, turmeric and garam masala and fry for about 2 minutes..
- Add the coconut paste and fry for another 3-5 minutes. Add the tamarind paste, romenesco and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the sprouting cauliflower and cook for a further 5 minutes..
- Stir in the grapefruit juice, add the fennel flowers, stir and serve..