You can have Puto Cheese using 21 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Puto Cheese
- Prepare of ingredients.
- You need of ✔️1 cup cake flour (or all purpose flour).
- You need of ✔️1/2 cup sugar.
- You need of ✔️1 tbsp. baking powder.
- It’s of ✔️1 pc egg.
- It’s of ✔️1/4 cup evaporated milk (or whole/fresh milk).
- You need of ✔️3/4 cup water.
- You need of ✔️1 tbsp. melted butter.
- You need of ✔️1/4 cup grated cheese (optional).
- Prepare of ✔️cheese toppings (or any desired toppings).
- Prepare of procedure.
- It’s 1 of . Combine cake flour, baking powder and sugar. Sift to remove lumps. Set aside.
- Prepare 2 of . Combine egg, milk, water, and melted butter. Mix well. Add to the flour mixture. Mix well, but slowly, until smooth. Rest 15 minutes.
- It’s of Enjoy!.
- It’s 3 of . Pour in molds, filling only 3/4 as it will rise as you steam. Top with desired toppings. I used cheese.
- It’s of RECIPE NOTES:.
- Prepare 4 of . Steam 10 minutes. Longer for larger molds. I used medium-sized.
- It’s of ✔️Make sure the baking powder is still good before using or it will not rise. How to know if it's still good? Pour 1/2 cup boiling water over 1/2 tsp baking powder. If it bubbles, it's still good.
- Prepare 5 of . After 10 minutes, remove from heat. Let it cool a little before removing from molds.
- Prepare of ✔️Grease or put oil ONLY AT THE BOTTOM of the mold. DO NOT grease the sides to achieve dome appearance of the puto.
- You need of ✔️DO NOT OVERCOOK. The puto becomes kuchinta when overcooked.
Puto Cheese instructions
- Steam 10 minutes. Longer for larger molds. I used medium-sized.