Malaysian chicken satay with peanut Sauce.
You can cook Malaysian chicken satay with peanut Sauce using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Malaysian chicken satay with peanut Sauce
- It’s 800 g of Chicken thigh, cut into strips.
- Prepare 3 of Onions chopped.
- You need 2 of lemongrass (white part), chopped.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 2-3 slices of ginger.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground coriander 1/2 tsp ground cumin.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of brown sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of salt 1 Tbsp oil.
- You need of Garnish: Cucumber cut into wedges Spring onions.
- Prepare of Peanut sauce::.
- You need 6 of dry chili (seeded and soaked in hot water for 5 mins).
- You need 2 of onions, coarsely chopped 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 of lemongrass (white part), coarsely chopped.
- It’s 2 slice of ginger.
- You need 1/4 cup of oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1/4 cup of peanut butter.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Tamarind puree (Soak 1 Tbsp of Tamarind paste into 4Tbsp of hot water to get the puree).
- You need 2 Tbsp of sugar.
- You need to taste of salt.
Malaysian chicken satay with peanut Sauce instructions
- Method for Satay:: Blend onions, lemongrass, garlic and ginger using food processor until it becomes a smooth paste. Mix the paste with chicken and add ground coriander, cumin, turmeric, brown sugar, salt and oil and combine well. Cover with cling wrap and marinate in the fridge for 2hrs or over night if you can..
- Soak skewers in water while you are marinating chicken to prevent them from burning. Thread the chicken onto the skewers and brush oil on top..
- Grill in oven for couple of minutes on each side or you can use grilled pan / BBQ to cook! Serve with cucumber and Spring onion along with peanut sauce..
- Method for peanut Sauce:: Blend chili, onions, garlic, lemongrass, and ginger using hand blender or food processor until it becomes a smooth paste. Add oil and mix well..
- Heat a medium pot and add the paste and chili powder, cook for 8 -10 minutes until fragrant and colour is slightly darker. Add peanut butter, Tamarind puree, sugar and a cup of water to the pot and bring to boil. Stir occasionally..
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 10-12 minutes until the sauce has thickened and oil is on the surface of the sauce. Season with salt. Turn off the heat and serve with satay:::.