Aromatic braised pork belly in Chinese spices. ไข่พะโล้.
You can cook Aromatic braised pork belly in Chinese spices. ไข่พะโล้ using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Aromatic braised pork belly in Chinese spices. ไข่พะโล้
- Prepare 500 g of pork belly.
- You need Half of block, tofu.
- It’s 1 tbsp of five spice powder.
- It’s 2 of start anise.
- It’s 1 of cinnamon stick.
- It’s 2 tbsp of palm sugar or brown sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of soysauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fish sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sweet dark soysauce.
- You need 4-6 of soft boiled egg (4 mins boiled).
- Prepare 1 handful of coriander, finely chopped.
- You need 3-4 cups of water.
- You need of Sauce base.
- You need 3 of coriander roots (you can use 1 handful of coriander stalk).
- Prepare 1 tsp of white pepper corn.
- You need 3 clove of garlic.
Aromatic braised pork belly in Chinese spices. ไข่พะโล้ instructions
- Pound coriander roots, pepper corn and garlic together in the pestle and mortar until all combine and become paste..
- Cut up pork belly to about 3-4 cm thick..
- On the saucepan add about 2 tbsp vegetable cooking oil,medium heat, then add the paste in and stir well, add palm sugar and mix well until palm sugar dissolve and the sauce become darker..
- Add pork belly in, keeping stirring it until the sauce caramelised pork belly..
- Add 5 spice seasoning in and mix well. Add soysauce, fishsauce and sweet dark soysauce stir well..
- Add some water, bring it up to boil and let it simmer on low heat for about 20-30 minutes.
- On another saucepan add water and some salt bring it to boil. Add eggs in and cook for 4-6 min depending on how you like your egg cook. Once your eggs cooked, transfer to a bowl of cold water, peel the shells off, put the eggs back into the pork belly saucepan..
- Leave it to cook for about a few more minutes then add some finely chopped coriander. You can leave your egg to cook until well done too it’s really depends on how you like your eggs to be cooked..
- Serve with Thai jasmine rice. It’s so delicious and the most comforting food..