RED VELVET with Cream Cheese Frosting.
You can cook RED VELVET with Cream Cheese Frosting using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of RED VELVET with Cream Cheese Frosting
- It’s of Dry Ingredients.
- Prepare 1 cup of all purpose flour/maida.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 3 of tsp/ 1 tbsp cocoa powder (unsweetened).
- Prepare of In another bowl.
- You need 1/2 cup of oil (vegetable/any oil).
- Prepare 1 cup of powdered sugar (grind granulated sugar to make it powdered).
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s 1/2 cup of buttermilk (1/2 cup milk+1/2 tsp vinegar/lemon juice+rest for 10 mins=buttermilk).
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- It’s 1 tsp of red food color.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of hot coffee.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vinegar.
- You need of Frosting.
- You need 1/2 cup of cream cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter.
- It’s 1/4 cup of powdered sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence.
- Prepare pinch of salt.
RED VELVET with Cream Cheese Frosting step by step
- 1. Sift all the dry ingredients and set aside.
- 2. In another bowl add the rest of the ingredients. Whisk until no lumps present.
- 3. Add the dry ingredients and whisk all together in low speed. Do not overmix as we dont want too runny mixture.
- 4. Add the batter in a cake pan and bake it in a preheated oven at 190°C for 20 minutes.
- 5. For the frosting: whisk cream cheese and butter at high speed until smooth. Add powdered sugar, vanilla essence and salt and whisk in medium speed until even..
- 6. Let the cake cool then frost the cake..
- 7. Refrigerate the cake for about 30 minutes then Enjoy!!.