You can have Idli using 21 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Idli
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Urad dal.
- It’s 2.5 cup of Idli rice/White rice.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of Poha (optional) (1/4 cup).
- Prepare of Fenugreek seeds 1/2 tspn.
- You need of Dry yeast (needed in cold country).
- It’s of Fermenting and steaming steps.
- You need of Wash and soak urad dal and rice.
- It’s of (6 hours).
- You need of Grind dal,rice,fenugreek seeds (add yeast and salt) mix well.
- Prepare of Set the grinded/blended smooth batter aside in warm place.
- You need of Let it ferment and rise for 8 to 14 hours(depending the weather).
- You need of (The batter need to ferment untill it rises).
- Prepare of On a high flame, bring water to boil in an idli steamer pot.
- Prepare of Mix the idli batter gently.
- It’s of Pour into the batter into greased tray.
- You need of Cover the pot with lid.
- Prepare of Let the idly steam for 10 minutes.
- It’s of Once done, Remove the idly trays.
- You need of Let it cool down for 1 minutes.
- Prepare of With a help of a spoon remove idli from the tray.
Idli step by step
- Soak & Grind urad dal & rice into a smooth batter.
- Ferment for 8 to 14 hours. Let it rise. Steam idlis. (8 minutes per tray), (i used steamer sheets).
- Idli can be served with any curry or chutney.