Matar Paneer. Mattar paneer (Hindi: मटर पनीर), also known as matar paneer, muttar paneer, and mutter paneer is a vegetarian North Indian dish and Punjabi dish consisting of peas and paneer in a tomato based sauce, spiced with garam masala. Foodworks,Matar Paneer is one of the most popular green peas paneer recipes among Indian recipes across the Indian restaurants (cottage cheese and peas. Matar paneer is one of the most popular paneer dishes made with green peas, Indian cheese, onions, tomatoes, spices and herbs.
This is a simple recipe for matar paneer and not a restaurant-style but a simple homemade dish that tastes good. Matar Paneer is one of the most popular paneer recipes where paneer (Indian cottage cheese) and matar (green peas) are simmered together in a luscious gravy made with tomatoes, onions and spices. matar paneer recipe, restaurant style matar paneer with step by step photo/video recipe. this exotic paneer curry is cooked in a tomato & onion based sauce. Punjabi Style Matar Paneer Recipe: Cubed and fried paneer chunks, sauteed with peas, green chillies along with a host of spices, tomatoes and ginger garlic paste. You can have Matar Paneer using 23 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Matar Paneer
- It’s of Matar paneer.
- Prepare of Ingredients:.
- Prepare 1 of . Paneer – 250gm.
- You need 2 of . Peas – 1/2 cup.
- You need 3 of . Cumin – 1 tsp.
- Prepare 4 of . Salt – as needed.
- It’s 5 of . Cooking oil – 1 tbsp.
- You need 6 of . Kasthuri methi – 1 tsp crushed.
- It’s 7 of . Garam masala – 1 tsp.
- Prepare 8 of . Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp.
- Prepare of Paste 1:.
- It’s 1 of . Onion – 1 (preferred white onion).
- Prepare 2 of . Green chilli – 1.
- You need 3 of . Garlic – 6.
- You need 4 of . Ginger – 1 inch.
- You need of Paste 2:.
- It’s 1 of . Tomato – 1 big.
- You need of Paste 3: (Soak in warm water for 15 minutes).
- It’s 1 of . Kashmiri chilli – 4 (Gives colour to the recipe).
- You need 2 of . Coriander seeds – 1 tbsp.
- You need of paste 4 :.
- You need 1 of . Cashews – 1/4 cup.
- Prepare 2 of . Milk – 1/4 cup.
Matar Paneer also called mutter paneer or mattar paneer is a Punjabi style Indian curry that is made using soft paneer (Indian cottage cheese) and matar (green peas) in an onion-tomato based gravy. Matar Paneer or Mutter Paneer is a gluten-free delicious Indian curry. It is made with paneer Hence, the name matar paneer. This Creamy Matar Paneer Curry is the kind of recipe that will save the day when your paneer cravings strike!
Matar Paneer step by step
- 1. Grind all the ingredients separately as given above and keep aside. 2. Saute a tsp of oil in kadai add paneer cubes and saute till it get light golden brown colour. Drain and soak in water for 10 minutes. Keep aside. 3. Heat a tbsp of oil in kadai add cumin. Once it starts to splutter add onion paste. Saute nicely untill raw smell goes off..
- 4. Now add tomato puree and saute for a minute. Now add turmeric, kashmiri red chilli and coriander seeds paste to this. Add salt. Close with lid and cook untill oil separated from sides. 5. Add paneer cubes and peas. Mix it to the gravy. Let it cook in simmer for 3 minutes. 6. Now add garam masala, Cashew paste. Cook untill cashew paste mix thoroughly into the gravy..
- 7. Adjust the salt and garnish with crushed kasthuri methi leaves.. 8. Enjoy this with roti, ghee rice or any pulav…
Welcome to my second favorite way to eat paneer – creamy matar paneer curry. Matar paneer is a classic vegetarian curry of Indian cheese and peas cooked in a tomato-based sauce. Frying the cheese until golden makes a big difference to the flavour and texture of the curry so don't. This matar paneer is home-style paneer gravy. The instruction is included to make it restaurant style.