Shaam savera kofta my style. Shaam Savera is a signature creation of the world renowned Indian Chef Sanjeev Kapoor. The rich green kofta (shaam) stuffed with white paneer (savera) looks beautiful on silky smooth, aromatic orange gravy, as it creates a great visual with it's play of colors, textures, and flavors. Shaam Savera is a creamy Kofta curry which is a signature recipe of our Master Chef Mr Sanjeev Kapoor.
It's one of the best and restaurant style curry. Home » FoodFood » Sanjeev Kapoor Kitchen » Shaam Savera. Pour the makhni gravy into a serving bowl, halve the koftas and place on the gravy and serve immediately. You can cook Shaam savera kofta my style using 38 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shaam savera kofta my style
- You need of for Koftas:.
- Prepare of For outer layer-.
- Prepare 3 of big sized boiled potatoes.
- Prepare of to taste Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin seeds powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Corn flour.
- It’s of For Inner layer -.
- You need 80 of crumbled paneer.
- It’s 1/2 of boiled beetroot.
- You need of to taste Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of kashmiri red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 of &1/2 tsp corn flour.
- Prepare of as required oil for frying the koftas.
- Prepare of For Tempering:.
- It’s 2 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 2 of small pieces of cinnamon sticks.
- You need of For gravy:.
- It’s 2 of big onions.
- You need 1/4 cup of cashews.
- It’s 2-3 of green chillies.
- You need 5-6 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1 of " piece of ginger.
- Prepare 1 tsp of poppy seeds soaked in water for 20 minutes.
- It’s 3 of medium tomatoes chopped and pureed.
- Prepare of For Dry masalas-.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of asafoetida.
- You need 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of kasmiri red chilli powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of garam masala.
- You need 1 tsp of Cardamom and Nutmeg powder.
- You need of to taste Salt.
- Prepare of Other ingredients:.
- You need of as required Oil as required for frying.
- It’s of Served with:.
- You need of as required Puris.
Palak Paneer Kofta's in a rich creamy Makhni gravy sure is enough to win hearts when served. Perfect dish to be included for Ur. Shaam savera literally means evening-morning showing the contrast of colours in the koftas (dumplings). Originally the recipe is made with paneer (cottage cheese) balls coated with a layer of dark spinach to make the koftas but I made the inside of the kofta with boiled potato as I had some.
Shaam savera kofta my style step by step
- For the koftas: For the outer layer- smash the boiled potatoes properly. Now add salt, cumin powder and corn flour. Mix everything properly..
- For the inner layer- smash the paneer, grate the beetroot finely. Now add the salt, chilli powder and corn flour. Mix everything properly..
- Make small balls of the inner layer..
- Cover the small balls with potato layer and make koftas from them..
- Now deep fry the koftas in oil at medium flame. Let the koftas cool down..
- For the gravy: heat oil and ghee in a pan and add all the ingredients for tempering to it..
- In a mixture jar, grind onions, green chillies, ginger, garlic, cashews and poppy seeds. Add some water and grind it to make smooth paste..
- When mustard seeds start crackling add the above white paste..
- While this paste is being cooked make tomato puree..
- Add the puree to the white paste after later start leaving oil on the sides or has shine..
- Now add all the dry masalas and salt to taste and let the gravy cook for 10-15 minutes..
- Assembling the recipe: Cut the fried koftas into half..
- In a serving plate first place the gravy then place the cut koftas above it..
- Serve the Shaam savera koftas with puri or parathas..
I love to try his recipes but one of my favorites is Shaam Savera. So today I present to you my version of the No Fry Shaam Savera, where I choose to make the koftas in an appe pan. Yes, I am taking this to a different level, all together cos it will be less than half the calories of the fried koftas. Shaam Savera is the renouned recipe of Master Chef Sanjeev Kapoor. For i first time, i ate sham savera in a restaurant and its awesome taste forced me to add it to my wishlist.