Dum Dhua Chicken Biryani (Eid Special).
You can have Dum Dhua Chicken Biryani (Eid Special) using 28 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Dum Dhua Chicken Biryani (Eid Special)
- Prepare 12 pieces of Chicken (Biryani cut).
- It’s 1/2 kg of Dahi (Yogurt).
- You need 2 tbs of Adrak lehsan paste (Ginger garlic paste).
- You need of Lal mirch powder (Red chilli powder) 1 & ½ tbs.
- Prepare 1 tbs of Dhania powder (Coriander powder).
- It’s 1/2 tbs of Zeera (Cumin) roasted & crushed.
- You need 1 tsp of Garam masala.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Jaifil powder (Nutmeg).
- You need 1/2 tsp of Javitri powder (Mace powder).
- You need of Namak (Salt) 1 tbs or to taste.
- Prepare 4 tbs of Lemon juice.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Zarda ka rang (Yellow food colour).
- Prepare 1 Cup of Oil.
- Prepare 1/2 kg of Pyaz (Onion) sliced.
- You need of Tamatar (Tomatoes) sliced 2-3 medium.
- Prepare 6-8 of Aloo bukhara (Dried plums).
- You need 5-6 of Hari mirch (Green chilies) slit.
- Prepare of Koyla (Coal) for smoke.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Podina (Mint leaves).
- It’s of Chawal (Rice) Basmati sella 1 kg (soaked 30 minutes) (Parboiled.
- It’s 1 tbs of Lemon juice.
- It’s 2 tbs of Namak (Salt).
- Prepare 2 of Darchini (Cinnamon stick).
- It’s 2-3 of Laung (Cloves).
- You need 2 of Tez paat (Bay leaf).
- It’s of Pyaz (Onion) fried.
- You need of Adrak (Ginger) julienne.
- Prepare of Zarda ka rang (food colour) ½ tsp dissolve in 2-3 tbs water.
Dum Dhua Chicken Biryani (Eid Special) instructions
- In bowl,add chicken pieces,yogurt,ginger garlic paste,red chilli powder,coriander powder,cumin,garam masala,nutmeg powder,mace powder,salt,lemon juice, orange food colour,mix well and marinate for 2 hours..
- Boil rice with lemon juice,salt,cinnamon sticks,bay leaf and cloves,boil until ¾ th done,strain and set aside..
- In pot,add oil,onion and fry until brown,take out half of the fried onions and set aside. Add tomatoes and mix well. Add dried plums,green chilies and mix well..
- Now add marinated chicken,turn off the heat and keep aluminum foil place hot coal and put few drops of oil and smoke for 3 minutes then remove coal foil. Turn on heat,mix well and cover & cook on low flame until chicken is done (8-10 minutes). Add mint leaves,mix well and cook on high flame until oil separates..
- Add boiled rice half,cook chicken, remaining boiled rice,fried onion,food colour dissolve in water and ginger,cover and steam cook on low flame for 10-15 minutes..
- Dish out Biryani, placed muffin cup in center, keep hot coal on it, put few drops of oil and cover with lid. Dum Dhua Chicken Biryani is ready,serve with raita and slice onion. Enjoy!!..