Porivilangai Urundai / Healthy ladoo.
You can have Porivilangai Urundai / Healthy ladoo using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Porivilangai Urundai / Healthy ladoo
- You need of Preparation Time : 20 mins | Cooking Time : 35 Mins |Serves: 6 (for 1/2 cup flour).
- It’s 1 cup of Raw rice | pacharisi.
- You need 1/2 cup of Samba wheat | dalia.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Moong dal.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Chanadal.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Coconut.
- You need 1 tsp (for 1/2 cup flour) of Dry ginger | sukku.
- Prepare 2 pinches (for 1/2 cup flour) of Cardamom powder.
- You need 1/2 cup of Jaggery (for 1/2 cup flour).
Porivilangai Urundai / Healthy ladoo step by step
- In a pan dry roast the rice till it turns reddish brown colour. Roast this in a low flame..
- Keep it aside. Add the Samba wheat also and roast this well. Ensure not to make it burnt. You can use whole godumai too..
- Next add the yellow moong dal and roast it till it changes nice brown colour. You can replace with whole green gram dal too..
- Finally add the chanadal and roast it to perfect golden brown. Always roast in a low flame and stir continuously..
- If you have a flour milk nearby, grind this into a fine powder in the milk itself. If you have patience to grind in the mixie go ahead and grind in the mixie. Grind, sieve and again grind till you get a smooth texture. The whole quantity of ingredients yielded 3 cups of flour(approx.). I took 1/2 cup from that to make this porulvilanga urundai..
- If you want to make more, make it in small batches. The jaggery syrup you can make but do not mix everything together at a stretch. When it is gets cooled, you can not make the balls. In a pan dry roast the fresh coconut till the moisture leaves and turns nice golden brown. Roast in a low flame..
- For making karthigai pori urundai we have to bring it to hard ball consistency, which is the next stage. If you make hard ball syrup for this, it is difficult to bite this after making the urundai. Once the syrup is ready add the syrup to the flour and roasted coconut mixture. Mix well quickly using a spoon. It will be warm as we are mixing it with flour. So go ahead and start making urundais/ balls out of it..