TAHIRI (Mom's Recipe)-5 minute recipe.
You can have TAHIRI (Mom's Recipe)-5 minute recipe using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of TAHIRI (Mom's Recipe)-5 minute recipe
- Prepare 1.5 cups of White Rice (Soaked for 30 minutes).
- You need 1 of Raw potato (diced in cubes).
- Prepare 1 of +1/4th cup water.
- Prepare 2 of Chopped green chillies.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Ginger paste.
- Prepare Pinch of Asafoetida (Hing)(optional).
- Prepare 1/2 Tsp of Cumin Seeds(Jeera).
- Prepare 1/2 Tsp of Turmeric Powder (Haldi).
- Prepare 1/2 Tsp of Red Chilli Powder.
- Prepare 4 Tbsp of Ghee.
- It’s 1/4 of th cup green peas (optional).
- You need 1 Tsp of Salt (as per taste).
- It’s of Green Coriander chutney and curd to accompany Tahiri 🙂.
TAHIRI (Mom's Recipe)-5 minute recipe instructions
- Soak rice for minimum 1 hour if possible. Non soaked rice will also be fine but soaked rice gives best flavour..
- In a cooker, heat 1.5 Tbsp Ghee. Then add Cumin seeds and ginger paste..
- Followed by green chillies, turmeric and Red chilli powder. Saute for 30 seconds at low flame to avoid burning spices..
- Add to it soaked rice, raw potatoes and Green peas. Mix everything.Turn the flame high..
- Add 1+1/4th cup water along with 1 tsp Salt. Mix everything. Water should be in level with the material and not above as shown in picture..
- Take 1 whistle at high flame then simmer for 3 minutes at low flame. Switch off gas and open only after the steam is gone by itself..
- Your yummy and quick TAHIRI is ready. Serve hot! Top it up with raw ghee and serve with Green coriander chutney and Curd/Raita for best taste..