Orange stew 🧡 / Squash, sweet potato and carrot stew – vegan.
You can cook Orange stew 🧡 / Squash, sweet potato and carrot stew – vegan using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Orange stew 🧡 / Squash, sweet potato and carrot stew – vegan
- Prepare 1.5 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of medium-large onion, peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed.
- It’s 2 sticks of celery, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground turmeric.
- You need 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 500-700 ml of vegan stock.
- Prepare 2-3 cups of chopped vegetables eg squash, carrots, sweet potato.
- Prepare 1/4 of cup/ handful chopped dried apricots.
- It’s of Optional: 1-2 cups cooked white beans or chickpeas; add 5-10 mins before the cavolo nero.
- You need of Juice of 1/2 lemon + zest.
- Prepare A few of handfuls of cavolo nero or baby kale, torn into pieces.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
Orange stew 🧡 / Squash, sweet potato and carrot stew – vegan instructions
- Heat the oil in a pan (with a lid for later) on a medium heat. Sauté the onion for about 10mins until translucent..
- Add the garlic, celery and spices. Sauté for a couple of mins..
- Add the stock and vinegar. (I added a bit too much stock today; start with 500ml and see how it goes.).
- Add the vegetables and apricots. Cover and simmer for about 40 mins (until the vegetables are tender)..
- Add the lemon juice. Taste and season. Then add the cavolo nero. Cover. Take the pot off the heat. The greens will steam on top of the stew. After a couple of mins, it’s ready to serve..
- Serve with your grain of choice/ on its own with some lemon zest grated on top. Enjoy 😋.