Peas and potato rice. I should say I am quite relieved that the rice series finally comes to an end as I wanted to share more exciting videos that I have already been working on. Heat the oil in a large heavy based frying pan and fry the cardamom and cumin for Add the cold water and bring to the boil. When almost all the water has evaporated add the peas.
This staple rice dish is so popular all across India, especially in Northern part of India. A superb option for lunch box, so you can devour your green peas and potato rice with meat or vegetable dish of choice. This potato and pea curry is possibly the most common vegetable curry in India. You can cook Peas and potato rice using 14 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Peas and potato rice
- You need 1.5 cup of Peas.
- You need of Potato 4 large.
- You need 5-6 of Green chilli.
- Prepare 1 cup of Oil.
- It’s Clove of 2 to 3.
- Prepare 5-6 of Black pepper.
- You need 2-3 of Cardamom black.
- It’s 1 tsp of Pulao zeera.
- Prepare 1 slice of Onion.
- Prepare of Rice 1/2 kg sock 30 minutes.
- You need 1 tbsp of Ginger paste.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Garlic paste.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Curd.
- It’s 1 tsp of Red Chilli flakes.
If I was describing it to somebody I'd just say boil potatoes, fry them with garam masala, add some tomato, chilli, turmeric and salt and it's done; then, if you like, throw in frozen peas just before the end. New potatoes and fresh peas are simmered in a cream sauce in this simple farmer-inspired recipe. Reviews for: Photos of Creamed Peas and New Potatoes. Potato rice or potato pulao recipe – Sharing an easy aloo pulao recipe, suitable for lunch box or a quick meal especially during the monsoon.
Peas and potato rice step by step
- Heat the oil.
- Add gram masala.
- Add onion slice fry light golden colour.
- Then add Ginger and garlic paste.
- Add green chilli and fry few minutes.
- Add red chilli flakes.
- Add potato and peas fry it and add salt.
- Add beaten curd and stir continues.
- Also add water and cook them until potato and peas tender.
- Cook it.
- Also add sock rice and cook them.
- Reduced a water to flame is low and rice cover for 15 minutes.
- Ready to eat.
This rice dish does not need any sides and may be accompanied by papad or raita. However I do prepare a simple carrot lentil salad called hesaru bele. Add sweet potato rice, carrots, salt, pepper, and vegetable broth and cook until the liquid has evaporated and the sweet potato is tender, stirring occasionally. Add peas, eggs, and soy sauce, and combine, allowing it to heat through. This potato peas kurma goes well with rotis, pooris or even steamed rice.