Nawabi Matar Paneer.
You can have Nawabi Matar Paneer using 19 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Nawabi Matar Paneer
- It’s 2 cups (200 gms) of Paneer cut into 1”squares or triangles.
- Prepare 1 cup of Green Peas.
- Prepare 1 of large Bell Pepper, cut into 1”cubes.
- It’s 1 of large Onion, very finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of Coriander Leaves, finely chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of Ginger-Garlic Paste.
- It’s 1 of Bay Leaf.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- Prepare 2 cups of Coconut Milk, canned or fresh.
- You need 2 tbsp + 1 tbsp of Oil or Ghee.
- It’s To taste of Salt.
- You need of For Coconut and Cashew Paste:.
- It’s 1/2 cup of grated Coconut, fresh or frozen.
- You need 1/4 cup of Cashew Nuts, soaked in hot water for at least 15 mins.
- It’s 1” of Cinnamon Stick.
- It’s 4 of Green Cardamoms.
- It’s 4-5 of Cloves.
- You need 1 tsp of Cumin Seeds.
- Prepare 2-4 of Green Chillies (Or as per taste).
Nawabi Matar Paneer instructions
- Take all other ingredients listed under coconut-cashew nut paste, soaked cashews and cleaned Coriander leaves in a blender..
- Grind everything to smooth paste by adding very little water at time..
- Heat oil or ghee in a pan and shallow fry paneer pieces till they turn golden brown on both sides..
- Keep the fried paneer pieces in a large bowl of hot water until needed. This helps in keeping the paneer pieces soft..
- In a same pan add oil or ghee and mix in very finely chopped onions..
- Fry them on a medium flame until they turn golden brown, about 3-4 minutes, on medium flame. Add in ginger-garlic paste and bay leaf and fry them till the raw smell of ginger and garlic disappears and the onions are nicely caramelised..
- Now add the ground coconut-cashew nut paste and turmeric powder and fry it for 3-4 minutes on medium flame till the oil separates..
- Add the coconut milk, some more finely chopped coriander leaves and salt to taste..
- Reduce the heat to simmer and let the gravy come to gentle boil, about 6-8 minutes..
- Add shallow fried paneer pieces, green peas and bell pepper and adjust the seasonings..
- Add about a cup or more of water to get desired consistency of the gravy. Let the curry simmer for about 10 minutes for all the flavours to blend well..
- Serve this absolutely delicious, creamy Nawabi Paneer Curry with parantha or tandoori roti..