Matar paneer. Mattar paneer (Hindi: मटर पनीर), also known as matar paneer, muttar paneer, and mutter paneer is a vegetarian North Indian dish and Punjabi dish consisting of peas and paneer in a tomato based sauce, spiced with garam masala. Foodworks,Matar Paneer is one of the most popular green peas paneer recipes among Indian recipes across the Indian restaurants (cottage cheese and peas. Matar paneer is one of the most popular paneer dishes made with green peas, Indian cheese, onions, tomatoes, spices and herbs.
This is a simple recipe for matar paneer and not a restaurant-style but a simple homemade dish that tastes good. Matar Paneer is one of the most popular paneer recipes where paneer (Indian cottage cheese) and matar (green peas) are simmered together in a luscious gravy made with tomatoes, onions and spices. matar paneer recipe, restaurant style matar paneer with step by step photo/video recipe. this exotic paneer curry is cooked in a tomato & onion based sauce. Punjabi Style Matar Paneer Recipe: Cubed and fried paneer chunks, sauteed with peas, green chillies along with a host of spices, tomatoes and ginger garlic paste. You can have Matar paneer using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Matar paneer
- Prepare 1 cup of fresh or frozen Green Peas.
- You need 1/4 cup of (1/2-inch cubed) Paneer.
- It’s 1 of medium Onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of Green Chilli, chopped.
- You need 2-3 cloves of Garlic.
- It’s 1/2 inch of piece of Ginger, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of medium Tomatoes, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 5-6 of Cashew Nuts, soaked in hot water for 20-30 minutes.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Red Chilli Powder.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of Turmeric Powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Coriander Powder.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of Garam Masala Powder.
- You need as required of For shallow frying + 2 tablespoons Oil or Ghee.
- You need 1/2 cup of + 2 tablespoons Water.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
Matar Paneer also called mutter paneer or mattar paneer is a Punjabi style Indian curry that is made using soft paneer (Indian cottage cheese) and matar (green peas) in an onion-tomato based gravy. Matar Paneer or Mutter Paneer is a gluten-free delicious Indian curry. It is made with paneer Hence, the name matar paneer. This Creamy Matar Paneer Curry is the kind of recipe that will save the day when your paneer cravings strike!
Matar paneer instructions
- Grind onion, green chilli, ginger and garlic together in the small chutney jar of a grinder to make medium coarse paste..
- Grind the tomatoes to make tomato puree..
- Grind cashew nuts with 2 tablespoons water until smooth paste..
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in the kadhai over medium flame. Add crushed onion paste and salt Sauté it until oil starts to separate or it turns translucent. It will take around 5-7 minutes..
- Add tomato puree and cook on medium flame until oil starts to separate, for approx. 5-6 minutes..
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and salt..
- Stir and cook for a minute. Add cashew nut paste..
- Stir and cook for 1-2 minutes..
- Add boiled peas and 1/2 cup water; mix properly and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add paneer cubes and cook for 2-3 minutes. We have added plain paneer cubes but you can add shallow fried paneer to enhance the flavor..
- Turn off flame and transfer prepared curry to a serving bowl. Matar paneer is ready..
Welcome to my second favorite way to eat paneer – creamy matar paneer curry. Matar paneer is a classic vegetarian curry of Indian cheese and peas cooked in a tomato-based sauce. Frying the cheese until golden makes a big difference to the flavour and texture of the curry so don't. This matar paneer is home-style paneer gravy. The instruction is included to make it restaurant style.