You can have Nizami_Biryani using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Nizami_Biryani
- It’s 1 kg of MUTTON -.
- You need of Basmati rice -750 gm (soak for 30 minutes).
- Prepare of Brown onion – 1 cup plus 1/2 cup.
- It’s of Whole mix spice – 1 tbsp (black and green cardamon, cinnamon and cloves).
- It’s 2 tbsp of Ginger garlic -.
- You need 15 of Red chilli whole -.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Turmeric -.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Black cumin.
- You need 1-1/2 cup of Yogurt -.
- You need 1 tsp of All spice.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Cream -.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Milk -.
- You need of Saffron – 1/4 tsp mixed in 1 tbsp milk.
- Prepare 3/4 cuP of Oil -.
- Prepare of Coriander leaves – handful.
- You need of Mint leaves -handful.
- It’s 3 of Chopped green chilies -.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
Nizami_Biryani step by step
- Boil Mutton with 1/2 cup water, 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste and salt until tender, (5 to 7 minutes), retain the remaining stock and use it later.
- Heat oil, add whole mix spice, brown onion, ginger garlic, red chilli and salt and cook for 2 minutes.Now put boiled mutton and fry for another 5 minutes and then yogurt and fry it for few minutes.
- Then add cream, saffron,, green chilies, mint, coriander and milk, cook for 5 minutes and take it out..
- Cooking the rice 1) In biryani most important is cooking of rice.soak the rice for half an hour,as you are cooking Mutton..
- Keep a vessel with water to boil,add salt little extra and add black cumin.you can add two cut lemon after removing juice as it doesn't allow rice to stick to each other(chefs tip)..
- As water is boiling,then add rice, cook till it's half done….important not to over cook rice,it will take 7 mts for the rice to get half cooked as rice keeps cooking even after it is strained due to the heat trapped between the rice..
- Layering the rice and gravy 1) In this biryani, Add rice at the bottom, followed the gravy along with Mutton pieces and brown onions and then repeat the layer one more time then sprinkle some more coriander and mint add colour mix in milk.
- Cover with aluminum foil and do not mix it…cook in slow flame for 20mts,you can see the steam coming out of the rice (once steam comes means the rice is ready).
- Serve hot with onion raita(chopped onion and green chillies in curd).