You can cook Panchmel daal using 32 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Panchmel daal
- It’s of prep time: 30 minutes.
- Prepare of cook time: 20 minutes.
- Prepare of total time: 50 minutes.
- You need of ****for masala:******.
- You need 1 of medium sized onion, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of medium sized tomato, finely chopped.
- Prepare 4-7 of dry red chilies.
- Prepare 10-12 of curry leaves / kadi patta.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ginger – garlic paste.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black mustard seeds/rai.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin seeds / jeera.
- You need 1-2 pinches of asafoetida powder / hing, optional.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder / haldi.
- You need 1 of red 1/2tbsp chili powder / lal mirch powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander powder, optional.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garam masala powder.
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp of oil or ghee or unsalted butter.
- You need 1-2 tbsp of chopped coriander leaves / dhania patta.
- You need of salt as required.
- You need of ******Tarka*********.
- You need 5 of red chilli bottom.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of zeera.
- Prepare 1 of small onion slice.
- It’s of Oil for baghar.
- It’s 5 of green chilli.
- You need of **dal's used :*****.
- It’s 1/2 cup of moong dal.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of masoor dal.
- It’s 1/2 cup of toor dal.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chana dal.
- You need 1/2 cup of black urad dal.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Rajma.
Panchmel daal step by step
- Combine all the 6 dals in equal proportion and soak in water for 30-45 mins. pressure cook the dals adding 3 cups of water for 4-5 whistles. in a pan heat ghee and add the mustard, cumin and fry them. let them splutter..
- Add the onions and fry till they become transparent or light brown. now add ginger – garlic paste and fry until the raw smell disappears. add red chillies, curry leaves and stir. now it is time to add the tomatoes. cook till they soften and you see oil releasing from the sides..
- Add all the spice powders – turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder. and fry for a minute. now add the cooked and mashed dal. stir well. add water and salt to taste. continue to stir and cook the the dal for 4-5 minutes in a low to medium flame. finally, add the garam masala..
- Tarka. In a pan add oil,zeera,onion slice, red chili bottom still cook golden and add green chili then fry and put in the dal. Now panchamel dal is ready. serve with roti or rice..