5-minute Ambrosia salad. Siri made Ambrosia Salad today and it's delicious! Whether you call it Ambrosia Salad or Marshmallow Fruit Salad, it's a quick, easy, gluten free dessert! This delicious Ambrosia Salad is so easy to make and always a big hit with kids and adults alike!
In ambrosia salad, the salad consists of canned or fresh pineapple, canned or fresh mandarin orange slices, mini marshmallows, shredded coconut, and possibly nuts such as pecans or. This ambrosia salad recipe from Food.com is the perfect fruity addition to your next BBQ. I used the colored mini-marshmellows and the salad is so pretty!! You can cook 5-minute Ambrosia salad using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of 5-minute Ambrosia salad
- You need 8 ounces of thawed cool whip.
- You need 1/2 cup of Greek or regular yogurt (I used honey flavored Greek).
- You need 1 cup of maraschino cherries halved.
- Prepare 1-11 ounce of can of mandarin oranges.
- It’s 1-8 ounce of can crushed or tidbit pineapple.
- It’s 1.5 cups of mini marshmallows regular or fruit flavored.
Ambrosia Salad is a staple for your holiday table! It's super simple to make and a favorite with kids and adults alike. This American classic is made with sour cream, mini marshmallows, sweetened coconut, pineapple, mandarin and maraschino cherries. Ambrosia salad is a creamy fruit salad loaded with pineapple, mandarin oranges, coconut and miniature fruit-flavored marshmallows.
5-minute Ambrosia salad step by step
- Mix yogurt and cool whip..
- Fold in pineapple, cherry halves, and marshmallows.
- Last add in the mandarin oranges as they tend to break easier. Chill for an hour before serving. Holds up to 3 days in the fridge. I serve mine with a side of graham crackers..
One thing I do know is that this simple Ambrosia Salad is one of my fave dishes during the holidays and it's still happening even if our typical Christmas dinner is not. This Ambrosia was one of the first to go at a recent salad/dessert bar I hosted. One of my favorite, Ambrosia Salad is a fruit salad that can be served as side or as dessert. In India, it is mostly referred as Fruit Cream Salad. Ambrosia is an American variety of fruit salad.