Beans Horse Gram Fry. Macrotyloma uniflorum (horse gram, kulthi bean, hurali, Madras gram) is a legume native to tropical southern Asia, commonly grown for horse feed and occasionally for human consumption and in Ayurvedic cuisine. Heat a pan add oil and fry Biflorus, horse gram, horse grain, kulthi bean, madras bean, madras gram, poor man's pulse. Horse gram is a variety of beans.
Horse gram is an Ayurvedic superfood with very high nutritional value and medicinal properties. Weightloss – Diabetic Friendly – Plant Proteins. This Horsegram soup recipe is made in Indian style "daal" with sprouted horse gram beans. You can have Beans Horse Gram Fry using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beans Horse Gram Fry
- Prepare 1 of . Beans – 100gm.
- You need 2 of . Salt – pinch.
- It’s 3 of . Turmeric – pinch.
- Prepare 4 of . Onion – 1 finely chopped.
- It’s 5 of . Mustard – 1/2 tsp.
- You need 6 of . Urad dal – 1/2 ts.
- Prepare 7 of . Oil – 1 tbsp.
- You need of To Grind:.
- Prepare 1 of . Horsegram – 1/4 cup (Soak in hot water for 30 minutes or soak overnight).
- You need 2 of . Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp.
- It’s 3 of . Red chilli – 3.
- It’s 4 of . Grated coconut – 2 tbsp.
It is a delicious, protein packed, highly nutritious soup that is. Horse Gram Uses, Recipes, Dose, Side Effects. Horse gram – Dolichos biflorus Linn.is an ayurvedic herb Kulattha, Kulatthika, Peetamudga – resemble mung bean but yellow in colour Tamra Varna – seeds Nutritionally the horsegram seeds are richer in lysine content when compared to gram pulse. The horse gram is a 'miracle pulse' also called Macrotyloma uniflorum.
Beans Horse Gram Fry instructions
- 1. Cut the green beans into fine pieces add turmeric and salt. Mix it. Steam this using idli cooker or steamer until done 80%. Keep this aside. 2. Soak horse gram for 30 minutes in hot water or soak for overnight in cold water. Drain the water and grind to a coarse paste with cumin, red chilli and coconut..
- 3. Heat oil in kadai add mustard and urad dal. Once done add chopped onion to this. 4. Now add steamed beans and ground paste. Saute nicely that each beans should coat with horse gram paste. But careful don't break beans..
- 5. Adjust salt and serve with sambar rice or you can have with roti as well..
It can be used in treating kidney stones The beans are advantageous for extracting phlegm and removing the extra mucus which is Once fried add a cup of water and the paste of horse gram seeds to it. vii. Wikipedia Article About Horse Gram on Wikipedia. Horse gram (Macrotyloma uniflorum, Fabaceae) is one of the lesser known beans. It is grown in India where it is used as food and fodder. Horsegram is called Kulthikalai (Bengali), Kulthi (Hindi), Ulavalu (Telegu), Kollu (Tamil), Hurali (Kannad), Kadthi dal (Gujarati), Kolatha( Oriya), Kulith (Marathi), Gahat (Kumaoni) and Muthira (Malayalam).