Kolkata Style Mutton Biryani.
You can cook Kolkata Style Mutton Biryani using 22 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kolkata Style Mutton Biryani
- It’s 11/2 cups of Basmati rice, soaked for 30 minutes.
- You need 400 grams of mutton with bones, cubed.
- It’s 2 of potatoes, boiled.
- You need 2 of eggs, boiled.
- It’s 4 tbsp of ghee.
- It’s 1 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 2" of cinnamon stick.
- You need 2-3 of green cardamoms.
- Prepare 4-5 of cloves.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of fried onions.
- You need pinch of saffron soaked in 1/4 cup milk.
- It’s 1 tsp of kewra water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of coriander leaves, chopped (opt).
- It’s For of Mutton gravy -.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 1 of onion, grated.
- You need 1 tsp of ginger-garlic paste.
- It’s 1 tsp of garam masala powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s to taste of salt.
Kolkata Style Mutton Biryani step by step
- Mutton Curry – In a bowl mix together ginger-garlic paste and all the powdered spices with a little water and keep aside..
- Heat 2 tbsp. oil in a pan saute the onions till light brown. Now add the spice paste and saute till the oil separates. Add the mutton and mix well..
- Cover and cook till all the moisture has evaporated. Add 1 & 1/2 cups water and pressure cook for 20 minutes on a low flame after the first whistle. Strain the mutton from the gravy and keep them aside..
- Rice – Bring to a boil enough water to cook the rice. Add the whole garam masala and salt. Add the drained rice and cook till it is 75 percent done. Drain and keep aside..
- Potatoes & eggs – Marinate potatoes and eggs with a pinch of salt and turmeric powder. Heat oil and stir fry them till light brown. Keep aside..
- Biryani – In a heavy bottomed pan, transfer the gravy, milk and half the ghee. Simmer till it is considerably reduced. Add the mutton and potatoes and give it a stir..
- Spread the rice over it and top it up with the eggs, fried onions, coriander leaves (opt), saffron milk, kewra water and remaining ghee..
- Close with a tight lid or aluminium foil and place it on a hot tawa / skillet. Cook on a low flame for 10-15 minutes. Switch off the flame and keep it covered for 5 minutes..
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve along with raita, sliced onion, green chillies and lime wedges..
- Note – I used very less amount of ghee, but you can adjust according to your preference and add more if you wish..