General Tso’s Chicken.
You can cook General Tso’s Chicken using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of General Tso’s Chicken
- Prepare 300 gr of boneless chicken meat, cut into bite sizes.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 60 gr of cornstarch.
- It’s 500 ml of oil for deep frying the chicken.
- You need 1 Tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/2 inch of ginger, finely minced.
- You need 10 of dried chilies, soak in lukewarm water for 30 minutes to 1 hour (the amount of dried chilies can be reduced or added to taste).
- Prepare 2 of green onions, julienned.
- You need of For the sauce:.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 Tbsp of dark soy sauce.
- You need 2 Tbsp of rice vinegar.
- It’s 1 tsp of Hoisin sauce.
- It’s 1/2 Tbsp of Chinese cooking wine.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of water.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of cornstarch.
General Tso’s Chicken instructions
- Mix chicken with salt. Set aside for 15 minutes..
- In a small bowl, mix together the sauce ingredients. Set aside..
- Coat chicken with the cornstarch. Shake the excess flour off..
- Deep fry the chicken until golden brown. Remove from the heat. Drain the excess oil by laying the chicken on a dish lined with paper towels..
- Heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Sauté garlic, ginger, and dry chilies until fragrant..
- Add the sauce mixture. Keep stirring until the sauce thickens..
- Add the chicken. Stir until the chicken coated evenly with the sauce..
- Add green onions. Mix well..
- Serve with warm rice! 😋.