Mike's Grilled Skewered Asian Chicken Yakitori Appetizers.
You can have Mike's Grilled Skewered Asian Chicken Yakitori Appetizers using 22 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mike's Grilled Skewered Asian Chicken Yakitori Appetizers
- You need of ● For The Meats.
- You need of [or 12] 4" Long Thin Chicken Strips [left whole and threaded or cut bite-sized].
- You need of ● For The Chicken Brine.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Sugar.
- It’s of Granulated Garlic & Granulated Onion Powder.
- Prepare of Ice & Enough Water To Cover Chicken.
- It’s of ● For The Marinade [or, "Tare Sauce."].
- Prepare of Brown Or 1 tbsp Granulated Sugar.
- You need of Quality Sake Or Dry Sherry.
- You need of Soy Sauce [or, Tamari].
- You need of Quality Mirin [a sweet rice wine].
- It’s of Fresh Garlic [smashed & fine minced].
- You need of Slice Fresh Grated Ginger [smashed & fine minced + a dash of pickled ginger juice].
- Prepare of White Pepper & Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- You need of ● For The Sides, Utensils & Garnishments.
- You need of Chinese Hot Mustard [definitely hit up that hot mustard!].
- Prepare of Asian Cucumbers.
- Prepare of Fresh Cilantro.
- It’s of Pickled Ginger.
- Prepare of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare of Wooden Scewers [soaked in sake or water for 5 minutes].
Mike's Grilled Skewered Asian Chicken Yakitori Appetizers instructions
- Create your brine. Place ice, water and all seasonings into sealed tupperware for 3 hours minimum..
- Soak your 5" wooden scewers in a quality Sake or, water for 5 minutes..
- In the meantime, in a small saucepan, bring your marinade, or Tare Sauce, to a simmer to dissolve your sugars and spices..
- Allow it to fully cool and place your chicken strips in it for 15 minutes to marinate refrigerated..
- Gather and chop your vegetables for garnish..
- Feed your chicken on to your pre-soaked scewers but definitely reserve your marinade..
- Grill scewers for 7 minutes, then, turn up the heat. You'll want a slight char on your chicken. Constantly baste your chicken with your marinade as they grill. Flip scewers as needed until fully cooked and charred. Don't over cook tho..
- Serve with Soy Sauce, Hot Mustard, Pickled Ginger and any leftover marinade mixed in your Soy Sauce..
- Yakitori with Soy, Marinade, Chinese Hot Mustard and Ginger Dipping Sauce..
- Garnish dish with fresh cilantro, chives, pickled ginger and / or Asian cucumbers. Serve with your marinade and hot mustard sauce. Also, with ice cold Asian beers like Sapporo. Or, even a quality Sake. Enjoy this very simple taste of Japan!.