[Farmer's Recipe] My Family's Cabbage Rolls.
You can have [Farmer's Recipe] My Family's Cabbage Rolls using 18 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of [Farmer's Recipe] My Family's Cabbage Rolls
- You need 1 head of Cabbage.
- It’s 5 tbsp of Ketchup.
- Prepare of A.
- It’s 200 grams of Ground beef and pork mix.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- It’s 1 dash of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 dash of Nutmeg.
- You need 1 of ■finely chop bacon and onions, sautéed in butter for 3 minutes, and let cool [B].
- It’s 50 grams of Bacon.
- Prepare 100 grams of Onions.
- You need 1 tbsp of Margarine (or butter).
- You need 1 of ■soak bread crumbs in milk [C].
- It’s 2 tbsp of Panko.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Milk.
- It’s of [D].
- It’s 600 ml of Water.
- You need 3 of cubes Bullion cubes (finely crushed).
- Prepare 1 of Bay leaf.
[Farmer's Recipe] My Family's Cabbage Rolls instructions
- Stick a knife in at an angle around the cabbage stem, and cut it out..
- In a bowl, submerge the entire cabbage in boiling water, and let soak until it's soft enough to easily roll up the ingredients, tear off 1 leaf at a time, rinse with water, and spread out in a sieve..
- Cut off the hard parts of the stems from the cooled cabbage, and finely chop. Cut a shallow notch into the portion where you cut off the hard parts of the stem..
- Prepare the filling ingredients. Add [A], [B], [C], and the finely chopped steam into a bowl and mix together until it has become white and has clumped, and divide into 8 equal portions..
- Divide the boiled cabbage leaves into 8 equal portions. Pair up big and small leaves..
- Let's roll them up . Add one portion from step 4 on top of a small leaf..
- Tuck the edges in while wrapping it up, and make a small cabbage roll..
- Wrap it up in a larger leaf, and secure it with a toothpick. Make all 8 in the same manner..
- Using a pot big enough that the cabbage rolls won't stack up, add the rolls from step 8, 600ml of water, and [D], cover with a droplid, and boil over low medium heat for 30 minutes..
- Add ketchup, and boil for 20 minutes while shaking the pot back and forth to coat the rolls. Flip them over once after 10 minutes..
- They become twice as delicious the next day. Try eating them the following day if you can . They will become extremely soft and easy to cut..