Ginger Miso Chawan-mushi (Steamed Egg Custard) in 10 Minutes.
You can have Ginger Miso Chawan-mushi (Steamed Egg Custard) in 10 Minutes using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ginger Miso Chawan-mushi (Steamed Egg Custard) in 10 Minutes
- You need 1/2 block of silken tofu.
- Prepare 1/4 bunch of maitake mushrooms.
- It’s 2 stick of imitation crab sticks.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 150 ml of water.
- Prepare 1/2 of to 1 teaspoon ☆miso.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ☆sake.
- You need 1 tsp of ☆granulated dashi stock.
- It’s 1 tsp of ☆ginger (tube).
Ginger Miso Chawan-mushi (Steamed Egg Custard) in 10 Minutes step by step
- Cut the tofu into 1 x 2 cm cubes and place in the gratin dish. Flavor with a bit of salt (not listed)..
- Microwave unwrapped at 600 W for 1-2 minutes. Place in a strainer to drain the water, then return to the dish (this drains the tofu)..
- Combine and mix the ☆ ingredients well. Add the egg and beat. Add the water to create the egg mixture..
- Add the maitake mushrooms to the tofu dish together with the imitation crab, cut into 1 cm pieces..
- Pour the egg mixture into the dish through a strainer. Microwave on a low setting (about 500 W) for 4-5 minutes. Let it sit in the microwave for a minute, and then it's complete!.
- Please cover with plastic wrap when you're microwaving during Step 5..
- It will continue to cook with the residual heat, so if it's a bit loose that's just about right. Do not overcook it. It's not good at all if it becomes porous..
- Topped with sesame oil and green onions. Try it if you like..