Octopus with saffron rice. Cook until the ricd is transoarent and coated with the oil. Then add three glasses of water and cook until the rice is almost cooked. The rice is quicker cooked in this manner and it adsorbs the onion and garlic flavor.
Pour the vegetable stock into a medium sized pot with a tight fitting lid and place over high heat. Pickled red dulse, saffron emulsion and squid ink-stained rice contrast vividly with the pan-roasted octopus tentacles and sea vegetables in this striking seafood risotto recipe. The rich and creamy Octopus Curry sauce ist best enjoyed with some rice – ideally fragrant saffron rice. You can have Octopus with saffron rice using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Octopus with saffron rice
- It’s of octopus.
- It’s of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need of onion (finely grated).
- It’s of garlic (finely grated).
- It’s of basmati rice (twice washed and soaked in cold water for 5 minutes before use).
- Prepare of zest of lemon.
- You need of sachet of organic saffron powder (0.25 g).
- It’s of sea salt.
- You need of Optional before serving.
- It’s of crushed chilli pepper.
- You need of finely chopped parsley.
In a pot, heat the oil. Then add the garlic, ginger, saffron, masala, cinnamon sticks, salt and pepper. Stir together taking care to not let the garlic and ginger burn. Let it cook a little and then add the diced tomato Stir and Let it cook.
Octopus with saffron rice step by step
- Wash the octopus and slowly cook in its washing water and its own juices for 30 to 40 minutes until tender. If you add more water no matter how long you cook it, the octopus meat will be hard..
- Drain the octopus and slice it in biteful sizes..
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the finely grated onion until it becomes transparent. Then add the grated garlic and the basmati rice. Cook until the ricd is transoarent and coated with the oil.Then add three glasses of water and cook until the rice is almost cooked. The rice is quicker cooked in this manner and it adsorbs the onion and garlic flavor..
- Then add the lem8n zest, the saffron powder and finally the octopus slices. Addd a little bit of water if necessary until all ingrefients are harmoniously binded..
- I run out of pardley and chilli pepper. I would normally add some parsley and crushed chilly pepper while the food is warm. It is essential the rice and octopus are warm because the chilly and parsley will be cooked without losing their original taste and color..
- Note: You can use any type of rice which does not result into a risotto..
Add the rice and fry it a little. Add the rice to the frying pan and stir to coat the rice with oil. Pour in fish stock, saffron, and stir. Place the haricots verts next to the rice beans. Scatter the tomato halves around the dish.