Charlie's Wicked Pecan Pie.
You can cook Charlie's Wicked Pecan Pie using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Charlie's Wicked Pecan Pie
- Prepare 1 cup of Maple Syrup (Grade A Dark Amber).
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of Packed Light Brown Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Heavy Cream.
- It’s 1 tsp of Molasses ( Regular or mild molasses tastes best ).
- It’s 4 tbsp of Unsalted Butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 7 large of Egg Yolks, lightly beaten.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Toasted & Chopped Pecans.
- You need 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract.
- Prepare 1 of (9-inch) unbaked pie shell, chilled in pie plate for 30 minutes.
Charlie's Wicked Pecan Pie instructions
- Make Filling: Adjust oven rack to lowest position and heat oven to 450°F. Heat sugar, syrup, cream, and molasses in saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool 5-10 minutes. Whisk butter, salt, and vanilla extract into syrup mixture until combined. Whisk in egg yolks until incorporated..
- Bake Pie: Scatter toasted Pecans in pie shell. Carefully pour filling over. Place pie in hot oven and immediately reduce oven temperature to 325°F. Bake until filling is set and center jiggles slightly when pie is gently shaken, 45 to 60 minutes. Cool pie on rack for 1 hour, then refrigerate until set, about 3 hours and up to 1 day. Bring to room temperature before serving..