Chocolate Chip Chia pancakes.
You can have Chocolate Chip Chia pancakes using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Chip Chia pancakes
- It’s 1/2 cup of white whole wheat flour(can be replaced with all purpose).
- You need 1/2 cup of unbleached all purpose white flour.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking soda (I use aluminum free).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chia seeds.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need 2 tbsp of oil (you can use any kind, but I prefer evoo or melted coconut oil).
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Buttermilk (or make buttermilk replacement by adding 1/2 tbs vinegar to milk and let sit 5 minutes).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
Chocolate Chip Chia pancakes instructions
- Mix together dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Mix in eggs, vanilla and oil.
- Mix in milk (add more if needed to achieve right consistency. Not too thick, not too thin). Add in chocolate chips. I give it a good whipping with the whisk.
- Heat pan up on low heat. Spray with oil and Pour 1/2 cup batter into pan. If you use higher heat, you will end up with a cooked outside and raw inside..
- Leave pancake alone until the edges look firm and you see lots of bubbles then flip.
- When both sides are golden brown, your pancake is done. Slather with butter (it is good for you!) And drizzle on some maple syrup. Enjoy!.
- Here's a helpful tip-use a pizza cutter to cut into pieces easily if serving to the kiddos :).