Easy chicken and biscuit casserole. Chicken and Biscuits is even better when made completely from scratch. Cheesy Homemade Biscuits combine with a delicious flavorful sauce. This tasty chicken and biscuit casserole is an excellent dish for an everyday family supper.
All Reviews for Chicken and Biscuit Casserole. Today I have the best Chicken and Biscuit Casserole made from scratch to share with you. I also have instructions for how to make it with chicken or left-over turkey. You can have Easy chicken and biscuit casserole using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy chicken and biscuit casserole
- You need 1 of cooking spray.
- You need 2 tsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s 4 of cubed cooked chicken breast ( I used 5 breasts we like lots of meat).
- You need 1 large of onion, chopped.
- It’s 4 cup of mixed frozen vegetables-any you like ( I usually use fresh broccolli, corn, carrots, green beans which I add with chicken last 10 mins so vegs can soak up the seasoning).
- You need 1 tsp of chicken boullion or 1 cubes.
- You need 1 1/2 can of which is 12 refrigerated biscuit dough( I usually use Pillsbury buttermilk or any unsweetened biscuit.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- You need 10 oz of 1 can-condensed mushroom soup.
- You need 10 oz of 1 can-condensed cream chicken soup.
There are tons of veggies, including carrots, peas and fresh herbs, and it's topped with easy whole-grain buttermilk drop biscuits. This is my version of Campbell's Easy Chicken and Biscuits. Heat to warm vegetables and chicken. Take chicken dish out of oven and stir well.
Easy chicken and biscuit casserole step by step
- Season your chicken with seasoning of your choice- I use poultry seasoning when chicken in raw. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil into a skillet, add chicken, cook for 15 mins covered on med-low heat. Add chopped onion & boullion, cook for 3 mins. Add vegetables for last 10 mins of cooking. If using frozen vegs add at last 5 mins of cooking just to warm up. Preheat oven at 400°f.
- Remove chicken breast & cubed. All this point if your using fresh vegs they should be done also..
- Spray a 13×9 pan with cooking spray. Pour soups, milk, thyme & pepper & mix well. Add vegs mix well. Add chicken mix well. Place in oven for 15 mins at 400°f . Take out and mix well..
- Cut biscuits into quarter pieces. And cover chicken mixture with biscuits. Then place back into oven for 15 more mins or until biscuits are golden brown..
This ultra-homey casserole gets the bulk of its substance from tender pieces of shredded chicken breast. Rather than peeling and chopping fresh veggies, your prep time returns far more value in mixing up the biscuit dough, shredding the chicken, and mincing those vibrant fresh herbs to finish. Casseroles, Chicken & Poultry, Fall, Main Dishes, Winter. It can't get easier than this. Use leftover turkey or roasted chicken and transform it into a creamy, steamy biscuit-topped casserole.