North Carolina Corn Bread.
You can cook North Carolina Corn Bread using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of North Carolina Corn Bread
- It’s 2 Cups of Ground White Cornmeal.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of Salt.
- It’s 1/2 Teaspoon of Baking Powder.
- It’s 1/2 Teaspoon of Baking Soda.
- You need 2 of Eggs.
- You need 1 1/2 Cup of Buttermilk or 1 1/2 Tbs White Vinegar or Lemon Juice + 1 1/2 Cup Milk, let stand for about 10 minutes.
- You need 4 Tablespoons of Butter, melted.
North Carolina Corn Bread instructions
- Preheat oven to 450. Put butter in a 9” cast iron skillet and put the pan in the oven until very hot..
- Mix whole eggs and milk together..
- Mix cornmeal, salt, baking powder and baking soda together in a bowl..
- Add the eggs and buttermilk, stirring gently-just enough to blend..
- Remove the pan from the oven and carefully swirl (brush) to coat the whole surface..
- Pour the excess butter into the batter and mix lightly to blend..
- Then pour into the hot skillet. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until firm and golden brown..