Creamy Almond Pudding: Phirni.
You can have Creamy Almond Pudding: Phirni using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Almond Pudding: Phirni
- You need 1 liter of milk.
- You need 4 tablespoons of basmati rice, soaked in water for 30 minutes.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 5 of saffron threads, soaked in 1 tbsp of water.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of rosewater, optional.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of ground cardamom, powder.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of pistachios, sliced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of almonds, sliced.
Creamy Almond Pudding: Phirni instructions
- Drain the rice and place in a blender. Grind into a smooth paste.
- Pour the milk in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Add in sugar, rice, saffron, cardamom and rosewater. Stir constantly over medium heat until the milk becomes thick..
- Remove from heat and pour in serving bowl. Let cool..
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours..
- To serve, garnish with almonds and pistachios..