You can have Mushroom Risotto using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mushroom Risotto
- It’s 1 tbsp of Olive or Rapeseed oil.
- It’s 1 of shallot, finely diced.
- Prepare Handful of dried Porcini Mushrooms broken into small pieces, soaked in 1 pt boiling water for 30 mins, then reserved to one side.
- Prepare 250 g of Chestnut Mushrooms, cut in half, sliced and dry-fried until softened and golden brown.
- You need 1 of large “glug” of dry white wine.
- Prepare 200 g of Arborio Risotto rice.
- Prepare 1 pt of hot stock, vegetable or light chicken.
- It’s of White pepper.
- Prepare Handful of finely grated Parmesan.
- It’s of Small handful of Toasted pine nuts.
Mushroom Risotto instructions
- Heat oil in a large chefs pan Sauté the onion. Add the rice, coat with the pile and onions and warm through, stirring well for a couple of mins..
- Throw in the wine, stir, it will bubble furiously..
- Now for the stirring… Add a ladle or two of the mushroom soaking liquor, stir and massage the rice until it’s soaks up the liquor. Keep adding the mushroom liquor a ladle at a time and stir, then add the stock, stirring frequently until the rice has absorbed the liquid and has a slight “bite” but isn’t chalky in the palate..
- Stir in the soaked Porcini, chestnut mushrooms and Parmesan. Add white pepper to taste. Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkling of toasted Pine nuts..