Bottle-gourd and Bengal gram curry: (Kadu aur chana dal ki sabzi).
You can have Bottle-gourd and Bengal gram curry: (Kadu aur chana dal ki sabzi) using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bottle-gourd and Bengal gram curry: (Kadu aur chana dal ki sabzi)
- It’s 1 of & 1/2 cups bottle-gourd (kadu / Lauki /doodhi) cut into chunk pieces.
- You need 1/4 cup of Chana Dal (bengal gram) socked in water for 30 minutes.
- It’s 1 of onion medium size cut into thin slices.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of finely chopped Tomatoes (fresh or canned).
- You need 1/4 tsp of ginger & garlic paste.
- You need 3/4 tsp of Red Chilli Powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Coriander Powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of finely chopped Coriander Leaves, for garnishing.
- It’s Pinch of garam masala.
- It’s 1 cup of boiled Water or as needed.
- Prepare 4 Tbsp of Oil.
Bottle-gourd and Bengal gram curry: (Kadu aur chana dal ki sabzi) step by step
- Wash and soak chana dal in water for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, dal washed well boiled drain and keep aside. Peel and cut lauki into chunky pieces..
- Heat oil in pan add onion fry well till nice light brown colour. Add ginger & garlic paste fry for few second then add all spices along with little water fry well add chopped tomatoes Stir and cook until tomatoes turn soft, it will take around 2-minutes..
- Add bottle gourd (lauki) and Mix well and sauté for 3-4 minutes. This step is necessary to enhance the taste of the curry as the lauki cooks with spices in oil brings out the flavor. Then add boiled and drained chana dal stir well. Add 1 cup boiled water and mix well sprinkle garam masala. Close the lid and cook for 10-20 minutes or till bottle gourd cooked well over low flame..
- Turn off the flame and Open the lid and taste the curry for the salt. If required, add more at this stage. the cooked curry has too much gravy, cook it again for 2-3 minutes or until you get the desired consistency. Transfer prepared lauki chana dal curry to a serving bowl or a dish and garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve with roti, naan, steamed or boiled rice..