Baigan Ka Bharta/ Baigun or Bhenta ko Bharta.
You can cook Baigan Ka Bharta/ Baigun or Bhenta ko Bharta using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baigan Ka Bharta/ Baigun or Bhenta ko Bharta
- You need of For Brinjal / Eggplant roasting-.
- You need 1 of Brinjal about 300 gms.
- It’s 7-8 of Garlic cloves.
- It’s of little Mustard oil to apply on the Brinjal.
- It’s of For gravy-.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Mustard oil + 1 tsp to drizzle at last.
- Prepare 100-110 gms of chopped Onions.
- It’s 7-8 of Garlic cloves,chopped.
- It’s 1/2 inch of Ginger chopped.
- Prepare 1 of Green chilli,chopped.
- It’s 150 gms of Tomato finely chopped.
- Prepare Handful of chopped Green Coriander leaves.
- You need 2-3 tbsp of chopped green onion.
- Prepare 50 gms of Boiled peas (Boil for 15 mins with a pinch of salt).
- It’s As needed of Salt.
- It’s 1/4 tablespoon of Turmeric powder.
- It’s 1/2 spoon of Coriander powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Kashmiri Red chilli powder.
Baigan Ka Bharta/ Baigun or Bhenta ko Bharta step by step
- Make slits and insert the garlic cloves and grill/roast it on direct flame turning it around for even roasting it will take around 10 mins. Then wrap it with aluminum foil and keep it cool. The brinjal will further cook with its own heat. It may take around an hour (but I roast and keep the brinjal and do other household chores and after 5-6 hours I cook it, so it's nicely cooked and it peels off easily). Once cooled peel the brinjal and smash it and chop the roasted garlic..
- In the meanwhile, the brinjal cools prepare other ingredients (there's separate raw garlic also) like chopping the veggies and boiling the peas..
- Heat 3 tbsp of mustard oil in a pan. Add onion and saute it for a minute or so and add the chopped chilli, garlic, ginger and salt saute it for about 2 mins then add Turmeric, coriander and chilli powder and saute it add about 1/4 cup water so that the masalas n onions etc does burn..Adjust the flame accordingly..
- Then add the chopped tomatoes and mix and saute it and add about 1/2 cup water and cook till the tomatoes softens and gets cooked and the oil starts seperating. In between add the chopped green onions and coriander leaves too..
- Once the oil starts seperating add the roasted garlic and the smashed roasted brinjal and mix well. Add the boiled peas also and mix and cook for about two minutes..
- At the end drizzle 1 tsp of raw mustard oil and give it a quick mix and your Baigan Ka Bharta is done. Serve it hot with rotis or parathas. We had it with Muli ke parathe (non-stuff) and the combi was heavenly. You can try Baba Ganoush also the Arabic style Baigan Ka Bharta 😀 (see recipe).