Sticky Orange & Ginger Chicken.
You can cook Sticky Orange & Ginger Chicken using 25 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sticky Orange & Ginger Chicken
- Prepare 1 kg (500 g) of pack x 2) boneless and skinless chicken thighs.
- It’s 1 of large orange.
- It’s of Chicken Marinade (marinate for 15 mins).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of dark soya sauce.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of cornflour.
- Prepare of Black Pepper.
- Prepare of Orange Sauce (whisk all the below).
- It’s 1 tsp of mirin.
- It’s 1 tsp of rice wine.
- You need 1/3 cup (100 ml) of orange juice- from 1 orange.
- It’s of Zest from 1 orange (~1tbsp).
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic paste.
- You need 1.5-2 tsp of (leveled) ginger paste.
- You need 1 tablespoon of hoisin sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of cornflour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of honey.
- It’s of Cooking.
- You need 1 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of dark soya sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of honey.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of red chilli flakes (optional).
- Prepare of Spring onions/scallions to garnish.
Sticky Orange & Ginger Chicken step by step
- Chop the boneless thighs into medium chunks (bite sized) and marinate with baking soda, oyster sauce, dark soya sauce, pepper and cornflour. Allow to marinate for at least 15 mins..
- Meanwhile add all the orange sauce ingredients listed above in a big bowl/measuring jug. Whisk well. Set aside..
- In a pan, on medium-high heat, add 2 tbsp oil and in 2-3 batches, shallow fry the marinated chicken chunks. Fry for 2 mins on EACH side to brown/sear the chicken. Remove and allow to drain on a paper towel. Do this process in batches to avoid overcrowding the pan..
- Once done, increase heat, add all the seared chicken back to the pan and add 1tbsp oyster sauce, 1 tsp dark soya sauce, some chilli flakes, and handful of spring onions. Salt to taste. Mix and stir for 5 min (uncovered).
- Reduce heat slightly, add 1/4 cup (50ml water). Stir.
- Add the orange sauce and mix everything to coat the chicken (see pic!). Let it simmer uncovered for 5 mins or so until sauce reduces and thickens slightly (to your liking)..
- Drizzle 1tbsp honey all over, stir. Turn off heat..
- Garnish with spring onions and sesame seeds! Plate up. Best served with rice. ENJOY!.