Malaysian Porridge – Bubur Lambuk.
You can have Malaysian Porridge – Bubur Lambuk using 30 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Malaysian Porridge – Bubur Lambuk
- You need of A. Rice.
- It’s 2 C of rice – soaked at least an hour.
- It’s of B. 250 g Meat or Chicken (minced/chopped).
- It’s of C. Seasonings & Spices.
- Prepare 2 of garlic – crushed.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of thinly julliened ginger.
- Prepare 2 of cardomom pods.
- Prepare 1 of star anise.
- It’s 1 of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of lemon grass powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground pepper.
- It’s of (Black or white).
- You need of D. Sautéed.
- It’s 1/3-1/2 C of finely minced brown onion.
- You need of E. 1/4 – 1/3 C Coconut Milk.
- You need of F. Garnish (optional).
- You need of Store bought fried shallot.
- It’s of Finely chopped coriander.
- Prepare of Note:.
- It’s 1 of . Any type of rice can be used to prepare this porridge but rice like Jasmine is easier to work with as it’s softer.
- Prepare 2 of . It’s best to soak the rice to help shorten the cooking time. Soaking time varies.
- It’s 3 of . Porridge should be creamy and starchy. Cook on high and leave to boil for quite some time until the cooked rice breaks. Add water if necessary.
- Prepare 3 of . Next, cook on low or simmer until rice turns creamy and starchy.
- Prepare 4 of . Use meat or chicken. It can be minced or finely diced. Blanch minced meat before using. Blanch to a near simmer and drain the water before adding to the porridge. No blanching for chicken.
- Prepare 5 of . Adjust seasonings and powdered spices according to your liking.
- It’s 6 of . Lemongrass powder can be replaced with fresh lemongrass (bruised/crushed).
- It’s 7 of . Add any preferred diced/cubed root veggies.
- It’s 8 of . Add coconut milk last; 5 minutes before removing from the heat.
Malaysian Porridge – Bubur Lambuk instructions
- Read Notes. This version is light on spices and.
- Cooking the porridge (A, B, C) – In a big pot, combine A (soaked rice), B (minced meat or chicken) and C (seasonings and spices) with enough water to cook the rice through and until the grains break. Cook on high and bring to a boil. Leave it boiling until the rice breaks..
- Once the rice is cooked through and the grains break, turn heat to low and simmer/slow cook. In the meantime, sauté finely chopped brown onion in 2-3 tbsp of cooking oil until translucent. Add sautéed brown onion to the porridge. Stir and Leave porridge to simmer until it turns creamy and starchy. Stir every now and then. Add water little by little if needed until you have the right creamy consistency..
- Add coconut milk few minutes before turning off the heat. Stir and leave to simmer and porridge is well combined. Turn off the heat. Dish up and serve warm. Garnishing is optional..